Beef lasagna muffin cupsOctober 15, 2015
Stir-fry cucumber with prawnsOctober 15, 2015
Sometime ago, while trying to experiment on eating less carbo,Â I stumbled across quinoa. Quinoa apparently is a super food. ItÂ is a protein rich food which contains 9 essential amino acids and has twice as much fiber than most other grains. Most importantly, it is super quick and easy to cook.Â Ever since then, I have been cooking this on a regular basis for my family and they have learned to appreciate this precious grain called “Quinoa”
Ingredients for sticky pork ribs
5 long pork ribs (chopped into 3 equal length each)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp French mustard
3 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
a drizzle of olive oil
Ingredients for quinoa
1Â cup of quinoa (rinsed, drained using a mesh strainer)
2 cups of water
1 Tbsp butter
- When the ribs are 3/4 done. in the oven. Heat butter inÂ a saucepan and pour in the drained quinoa.
- Stir for a minute and add 2 cups of water. Bring it to a simmer. Cover with a transparent lid. Let it simmer for 8 – 10 minutes or until you see the quinoa puff up like photo below.
- Cut off the heat and fluff up with a fork. Cover it back and serve once the ribs are ready.
- Marinate pork ribs overnight with all the ingredients stated.
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees celsius.
- Place marinated ribs and all the marinade into a baking tin. Cover Â tighly with tinÂ foil.
- Pop the ribs into the oven for 1 hours.
- Take ribs out and open the foil and turn the ribs and pop them back into the oven. uncovered for another 10 minutes to thicken the sticky sauce.