Cream cheese trifleMay 11, 2013
Malaysia’s favourite egg breakfastOctober 17, 2013
Cheat’s claypot chicken rice is one of the most stress-free dinners around. It is just plain rice in the claypot, topped with whatever savoury meat dishes you fancy. Here’s a choice of a hearty meal, perfect for any lazy evenings. This is one of those evenings.
4 pieces of free-range chicken thigh (de-boned, sliced)
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp dark soy
2 Tbsp light soy
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp garlic oil
a dash of sesame oil
2 Tbsp Shao Hsing fragrant rice wine
1 thumb size ginger (thinly sliced)
dried Chinese mushrooms (soaked and sliced)
a handful of dried kei chi or wolfberries / gojiberries (soaked and drained)
spring onions for garnishing (chopped)
extra garlic oil
extra Shao Hsing fragrant rice wine
some chopped bird-eye chili
- Marinate the sliced chicken thighs for an hour as least or overnight.
- Heat up some sesame oil in a frying pan. SauteÂ the ginger slices and pre-soaked sliced mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken slices into the ginger and mushrooms. Saute a while till the chicken is 50% cooked.
- Throw in the wolfberries and a splash of Shao Hsing rice wine.
- Remove from heat and gently pour them over some half cooked rice in claypots.
- Place claypots into the steamer or steam oven.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, garnish with chopped spring onions, a drizzle of garlic oil and Shao Hsing rice wine.
- Serve with some chopped bird-eye chili in light soy.