Hairy marrow meatball soupOctober 12, 2015
Mashed potatoes with roasted beetrootOctober 13, 2015
200 gm All purpose flour
50 gm ground almond
250 gm butter
100 gm brown sugar
1/2 cup fresh milk
- Place prunes in a saucepan, add a little water just covering the prunes. Bring to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until prunes are soft and moisture all absorbed.
- Grease the Bundt cake tin with butter and coat with flour. Set aside.
- Use a fork and mash up the prunes. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
- Add flour and eggs alternately.
- Scrap in all the ground almond and pour in the fresh milk. Combine batter evenly and add in mashed prunes. Give it a good stir.
- Pour batter into a Bundt cake tin and pop it into a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees celsius for 45 – 50 minutes or until the cake skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool and decorate with fresh berries and some icing sugar.