Christmas meat piesDecember 5, 2014
Prune Bundt CakeOctober 12, 2015
500 gm minced pork
2 Tbsp wholemeal flour
marinated with :
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp white ground pepper
1 tsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp light soya sauce
a dash of dark soya sauce
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 medium size hairy marrow (peeled, cut into bite-size chunks)
2 litres filtered water
200 gm dried anchovies (deboned)
4cm piece of Â ginger (bruised)
2 small dried octopus tentacles (rinsed)
1 big scallop (soaked, drained)
1 small packet of glass noodles
a handful of goji berries (soaked, drained)
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil, put in the ginger, anchovies and sauteÂ till lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add 500ml hot water at a time and bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Sieve out the anchovies stock into a soup pot. Repeat 3 times until 2 litres are done. Discard the anchovies.
- Add octopus tentacles, scallop and bring to simmer for 30 minutes and throw in the chunks of hairy marrow and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Roll the marinated minced meat into bite-size meatballs and placeÂ them into the boiling soup, add goji berries and boil for 10 minutes till the meatballs are completely cooked.
- Finally addÂ glass noodles. Please note that glass noodles cooks really fast.
- Soup is now ready to be served.