Spicy fragrant butter prawnsOctober 14, 2015
Sticky pork ribs with quinoaOctober 15, 2015
I have been looking for inspiration for packed school lunchesÂ and this is one great idea I found on Pinterest. I just love Pinterest, its so interesting and creative. Looking at what I have in my larder and fridge, I decided to make this for their packed school lunch sometime last week with a little personal twists by adding some Worchestershire sauce, to give is a tinge of smoky fragrant. My kids just loved it and asked for more.
(about 20 portions – 3″ diametre muffin cups)
4 pieces of lasagna pasta sheets (soaked in hot water and tear into small irregular pieces)
2 Tbsp olive oil
400 gm ground beef
1 yellow onion (chopped)
2 clove garlic (chopped)
2 ripe Roma tomatoes (chopped)
2 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked, drained and chopped)
1 cup of can stewed tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce / ketchup
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up some olive oil is a saucepan. Saute the ground beef till lightly brown, add onions, garlic and stir for a minute of two. Followed by all the chopped tomatoes and sauces. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Season lasagna sauce with sea salt and pepper.
- Grease the muffin tin with some butter. Line the muffin tins with some irregular shaped pasta sheets.
- Scoop a spoonful ofÂ lasagna sauce onto the lined muffin tin. Add some shredded cheddar and mozzarella on the sauce and repeat with another layer of pasta sheet, sauce and cheese. Each lasagna muffin tin has 2 layers of each ingredients.
- When all the muffin tins are filled, pop them into an oven pre-heated at 180 degrees celsius for about 15 minutes or until the lasagna is cooked through.
- Cool the muffin lasagna before dislodging from the muffin tin using a fork.