Leeks in thick syrupy wine sauceMay 17, 2008
Stingray GulaiJune 25, 2008
Here is something very simple and nice to eat.Â This is my basic chocolate marble cake. I make a lot of variation from this basic recipe. Just like the other day, I turned it into an apple, dried cranberry and pistachio cake.
Anyway, this one’s for you guys over in Melbourne, Kareen and Joyce and all marble cake lovers out there! Dig in!
250 gm soft butter
100 gm castor sugar
250 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
170 gm semi bitter chocolate bar (softened)
4 large eggs
- Preheat healsio or oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sieve plain flour, soda bicarbonate and baking powder together.
- Soften chocolate over some hot water, please do not melt. Â I used 75% cocoa chocolate bars.
- Alternate egg and flour into the butter batter. Mix evenly.
- Scoop out 2 small ladles of batter into a small bowl andÂ add in the softened chocolate. Mix well.
- Pour out 1/2 of the butter batter into a prepared 23cm x 13cm cake tin. Dollop randomly with chocolate batter and some butter batter. Cover some top portion with butter batter. Use a butter knife and swirl the chocolate batter into the butter batter. Do not over swirl.
- Pop it into the healsio or oven and bake for 30 minutes. Test with cake skewer. Turn out cake onto a wire rack to cool.