Chili Pumpkin with Dried ShrimpsAugust 14, 2008
Pork Chops with Brandied Liver SauceSeptember 23, 2008
I was experimenting with marination when I suddenly got a brilliant idea. Why not marinade some meat with a can of anchovies? Thus the ‘Anchovies Lamb Ribs’ was born. The anchovies actually give the roast lamb ribs a lot of depth in taste and also in aroma.
I seriously feel that this is going to be one of my signature dishes. You see, I have been secretly rating my own recipes and I am really proud of this one. So, better try it and you shall not regret.
1 kg lamb ribs (approx. 11 – 12 rib bones, 5 – 6 inches in length each)
1 can of crown prince flat anchovies in olive oil
a dash of Lea & Perrin Sauce (or worchestershire sauce) or even both
2 Tbsp smoked hickory sauce
freshly ground pepper
2 sprigs of rosemary
sea salt to taste
- Place anchovies in a bowl including its oil, the 3 sauces and black pepper. Mash them up into a paste.
- Marinate the ribs with the anchovies paste in a freezer bag. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Ribs leave at room temperature before roasting. Crush rosemary leaves onto the ribs, sprinkle a little sea salt and a dash of olive oil.
- Super Roast at 200 degree celsius for 30 minutes for well done. 20 minutes for medium.
- Take out ribs and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.